Size: W 4″ x H 4 1/2″
Hand embroidered with gold and silver wire bullion on a dark purple inverted triangle shaped background
201ST MEXICAN FIGHTER SQUADRON SHOULDER PATCH
During WW2, the Mexican oil tanker, Potrero del Llano was sunk by a German U-boat on May 13, 1942 with the loss of 13 crew. And after a second tanker was attacked a few days later, the Republic of Mexico declared war on Germany.
Plans were quickly formed to create the 201st Mexican Fighter Squadron – the first Mexican Expeditionary Force of WW2.
The aircrew were recruited from all branches of the Mexican military and would go on to fly alongside the Allies in the fierce battles of the Pacific Theater.
Size: W 4″ x H 4″
Hand embroidered with gold and silver wire bullion on a dark purple circular background
201ST MEXICAN FIGHTER SQUADRON
This was part of the Mexican Expeditionary Air Force that aided the allied war effort during WWII and was known by the nickname “Aguilles Aztecas”.
The squadron was attached to the 58th Fighter Group of the USAAF during the liberation of the main island of Luzon in the Philippines in the summer of 1945.
The pilots flew tactical air support missions with P47D fighters.
The Military Place carefully researches each patch to achieve authentic replication of size and color. However, due to lack of official standardization during the era to which the patch relates, and variations found, some elements may differ from historical documentation.